Apple Fritters With Cinnamon Sugar and Caramel Sauce2013-05-18
- Yield : 10-12
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
vegetable oil (for deep frying)
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
cold water (icy cold)
2 apples (pink lady recommended, cored and sliced)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
60 g butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cream (pouring)
1. Fritters – pour oil into a medium saucepan until one-third full.
2. Heat over medium high heat until hot.
3. Combine the flours and sugar with enough ice cold water to make a batter the consistency of thickened (doubled) cream.
4. Coat the sliced apples in the batter and deep fry in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, remove to a wire rack to drain.
5. Cinnamon Sugar – combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Caramel Sauce – combine the butter and sugar in a small saucepan, place over medium heat and cook 3 – 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stir in the cream and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
7. Place the fitters on serving plates, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar, pour over caramel sauce and enjoy.