- Yield : 10.0
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
FOR THE MEAT
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
1/4 large white onion, diced
2 -3 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 (8 ounce) can jalapenos, sliced (reserve liquid)
For the Rice
1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt, to taste
FOr the Beans
2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
10 -15 large flour tortillas
remaining sliced jalapeno
salsa (I like ( Green Salsa, Jalisco Style )
1. Saute diced onions over medium-high heat until soft, add meat.
2. Cook meat until nearly done, add minced garlic and turn down the heat to medium-low.
3. When all the meat is cooked add half of the can of jalapenos including all of the reserved liquid. (Keep meat warm while you finish the rice and beans.).
4. Cook rice according instructions on the bag except where it calls for water add broth instead.
5. Heat up the beans on the stove or in the microwave. (If you are using the stove add some water to the beans so they do not dry and stick to the bottom of the pan, heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes) Place hot beans into a serving bowl, cover and keep warm.
6. Wrap all tortillas tightly in between two sheets of aluminum foil, place in oven and turn oven on to 350°F
7. Once tortillas are warm (about 10 minutes) the rice should also be done.
8. Add spices into the rice and mix gently together.
9. Place a little meat, beans, rice and your choice of toppings into each tortilla.
10. Fold bottom edge up and then both sides. Enjoy!