Creamy Spinach Enchiladas2013-05-25
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
1/2 cup sliced spring onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
10 corn or 10 flour tortillas
1 (10 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce (or make your own, yum!)
1. Pre heat oven to 375°F In a medium size sauce pan cook onions and garlic in butter for 2 minutes, add spinach.
2. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, 1c of shredded cheese.
5. The tortillas need to be gently warmed so that they will not crack when you roll them up.
6. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling down center of each tortilla and roll up.
7. Place seam side down in 13″x9″ baking dish.
8. Top with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
9. I suggest serving with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and additional sour cream and chopped spring onions!