Easy Southern Peach Cobbler2013-05-13
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
1 1/2-2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar (divided into 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a casserole or corning ware pan with Pam. I actually prefer using Baker’s Joy for this one.
3. Pare, core and cut fruit into slices.
4. Put slices in a bowl and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the sugar over the fruit.
5. Let sit for about 5 or 10 minutes,.
6. Combine dry ingredients.
7. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry.
8. Put the fruit into your casserole pan.
9. Cover with the batter.
10. The dough will rise, and cover the peaches while baking.
11. Bake for about 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.