Fair Dinkum Aussie Meat Pie2013-05-20
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
3 sheets puff pastry
500 g good quality beef mince
1 large onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons gravox or 1 1/2 tablespoons instant gravy mix, dissolved in
1 cup water
2 tablespoons milk
1 lightly beaten egg
1. Preheat hot oven (200 degrees).
2. Line a medium sized oven proof pie dish with 1 1/2 sheets of pastry and trim the edges. Make sure the pastry covers the base and up the sides of the dish.
3. Cook mince and onion until mince is brown, season with salt and pepper.
4. When meat is cooked, thicken with the Gravy mixture.
5. Tip into prepared pie dish.
6. Brush around edges with milk. Put the 1 1/2 on top of pie to seal. Trim edges and prick with a fork. Brush with beaten milk.
7. Cook in a hot oven 15 minutes, then turn oven back to moderate (180 degrees) and cook a further 20 minutes.
8. This pie is great served with mashed potato, peas and plenty of tomato sauce!