Jacob’s Middle Eastern Lentil Soup2013-06-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
1 cup dried lentils
4 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Rinse lentils, discarding and stones, or blemished lentils; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add onion and bell pepper, cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add cumin and ground red pepper and stir 1 minute.
5. Pour in the 4 cups of water and the lentils. Bring to a boil and Reduce heat to low.
6. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
7. Stir in salt and simmer 10 minutes more or until lentils are tender.
8. Stir in lemon juice and serve.