Mexican Pizza Like Taco Bells2013-04-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 40m
1 lb ground beef
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
2 tablespoons water
8 small flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, warmed
2/3 cup mild picante sauce or 2/3 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1. Using your hands, mix together beef, taco seasoning, and water.
2. Brown the beef mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks; set aside.
3. In 375 degree oil, fry tortillas for 30-45 seconds per side, keeping as flat as possible and popping any bubbles that may form; drain on brown paper bags.
4. Spread beans, then meat, then picante sauce/salsa over 4 of the tortillas; set aside.
5. Spread cheese, then tomatoes, then onions over remaining tortillas; stack one of these tortillas on each of the others.
6. Place pizzas under a hot broiler just until cheese has melted.
7. I usually just brown the burger and add the beans in with it.