- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:45 h
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
salt and pepper
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked and drained
1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, allspice, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
6. Stir in flour until smooth.
7. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
8. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Add eggs; whisk until smooth.
11. In a bowl, combine pasta and remaining Parmesan cheese.
12. Melt remaining butter; add to pasta and toss to coat.
13. Spread 1/3 of meat mixture in a greased 13×9 inch casserole dish.
14. Layer with half of the pasta, 1/3 of meat mixture, and half of the white sauce; repeat.
15. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.