Secret Ingredient Best Juicy Fried Chicken2013-05-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use 6 large skin-on chicken thighs or 3 chicken thighs and 3 drumsticks)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (no substitutes, use only cream of chicken condensed soup)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (no more as the canned soup is salty enough)
10 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
10 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste, adjust to suit heat level) (optional)
1. In a shallow dish or bowl combine egg with soup and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt; mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Add the chicken pieces and using your clean hands toss to coat completely; set aside or you may refrigerate until ready to finish making the recipe.
3. In a medium bowl mix together flour with cornstarch, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, paprika, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper.
4. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, place the soup-coated chicken into the flour mixture and toss to coat completely.
5. Add more flour and/or cornstarch if necessary adding them in equal parts (there should be an equal amount of each in the mixture, if you add in 2 tablespoons flour you must add in 2 tablespoons cornstarch with the flour).
6. Place the coated chicken on a rack and allow to sit until it becomes doughy (THIS IS A CRUCIAL STEP to ensure crispiness when fried).
7. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat (be certain to use enough oil to cover the chicken pieces).
8. Once the chicken is doughy test oil by dropping in a piece of the “dough” into it the oil is ready when it stars to fry immediately.
9. Fry chicken pieces in oil for about 10 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
10. Drain on a rack.