Strawberries & Cream Bread (Strawberry or Blueberry)2013-05-16
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar (use if you want a sweeter bread)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups strawberries, fresh & coarsely chopped (do NOT use frozen) or 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat 1 minute or until light and airy. Add brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
3. Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Fold in strawberries and nuts.
5. Pour into a greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let stand 10 minutes in pan.
8. Turn out on rack to cool.