Taco One Skillet Meal2013-06-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
1. Cook ground beef and onions together until meat is no longer pink.
2. Drain off all fat.
3. Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
4. Add enough water to juice to make 2 1/2 cups.
5. Add to the pan.
6. Add tomatoes, rice and taco seasoning and stir.
7. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and place lettuce on top.