Tasty Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole2013-06-19
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 1m
- Ready In : 31m
3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
3 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Slice potatoes to 1/8inch slices into a bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350′.
3. In a medium to large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add green onions,red pepper and minced garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add whipping cream, milk,salt and pepper and stir well.
6. Add potatoes and bring to a boil, turn heat to low temp and cook for 13 minutes or until tender.
7. Spray a 11x7x1 1/2in.dish with Pam.
8. Add potato mixture to dish,sprinkle pamersan cheese and swiss cheese over potatoes.
9. Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
10. Carefully watch the cheese to keep from browning to dark.
11. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
12. Note:May add shredded cheddar cheese or favorite cheese, when applying cheese to casserole before baking.
13. Add alittle water to potatoes while boiling if necessary.